We must rethink work-life balance in the age of 9-5 shifts. In this regard, work-life integration stands out as a recent trend. Throughout this blog, we will discuss the definition of work-life integration. The differences between work-life balance, and how to achieve it.
Consider the situation of a bank employee who needs to stop by during working hours, but cannot leave the office. Similarly, if a friend or family member is ill. You would like to be with him, but you must work during those hours. Suppose your child has a parent meeting, but you have worked all day.
For many years, 9-5 shift workers faced these problems. The work-life balance was once emphasized as one of the essential components of an efficient, productive, healthy, and social life.
Over time, business models have changed, and many companies now allow their employees to work from home instead of in the office. The pandemic, which radically altered working life, added a new dimension to this trend. Changing the way professional responsibilities and social responsibilities are balanced.
In this blog, we will explore the concept of work and life integration.
A step after the concept of work and life balance developed by Weoll for internal communication.
Human resources, information management, and corporate resource management. Now let’s get started.
Work-life integration is a new way to balance personal and professional obligations. In contrast to the traditional concept of work-life balance. Which creates an naysayer conflict between the responsibilities of both parties. Work-life integration seeks to bring both concepts together in a way.
That will benefit each party. In order for work and life to be integrated, employees must maintain a schedule that combines professional and personal obligations. Integrating work and life allows individuals to maximize synergy in every aspect of their lives.
It is important to maintain balance and order when integrating personal and professional responsibilities.
In terms of how this balance is achieved, the two concepts differ significantly. Work-life balance has previously been interpreted by professionals as not being interested in after-hours work.
Integrating both time zones allows them to design them in a way that works for them. Work-life integration allows employees to manage their time effectively through a mix of responsibilities.
The modern business world offers this flexibility. Depending on their time zone, multi national company employees may have to work during personal hours. Remote work provides a suitable backdrop for personal chores during office hours. The right business plan enables disciplined employees to meet all their responsibilities and needs without separating work and life.
“The work-life integration approach allows individuals to see the big picture and the synergy interaction between all these components,” said Michelle Marquez.
Vice dean of Human Resources and Management at UC Berkeley Haas. Integrating work and life eliminates the sense that they are in competition. The goal of integration is to achieve complete harmony between the two.
There must have been colleagues at work who excelled at their jobs and were socially active. Harmony between these concepts directly affects their performance, life satisfaction, mental health, and even physical health. Work-life integration benefits people in the following ways:
● The fusion of work and life allows everyone to receive equal attention and time without sacrificing anything.
● Compared to its previous version, it offers a practical and realistic approach. Which aims to establish a clear line between two major phenomena, which is impossible today.
● It is possible to meet both personal and professional needs simultaneously when work and life are integrated. As an example, people can work from home while spending time with their families.
● There is no effect of balance disturbances on mood. It is possible to carry out work after the office’s working hours even if no one is present in the office. This allows you to complete the day’s work quickly and without increasing your stress level.
● Prioritizing is also necessary for integrating work and life. Decision makers work more motivated to reach the next level. This way, while working 8-9 hours a day, you can complete housework between those hours by managing your time well. As a result, social activities become more natural.
In this new choice of work-life balance, individuals must first decide which form of integration works best for them. Here’s what you need to do:
● Know what you mean by work-life integration. Find out where you’re having problems and what you’re aiming for. After setting your goals, talk to your employer about suggestions and solutions, not just requests.
● Try it. You cannot achieve this balance with a single change. Try it and see how it goes. Decide what you will do in the first step.
● Go to the gym one week in the morning and one week in the evening. Make dinner during the day by taking some study time off.
● Adjust your flow angle. Work-life balance requires a set routine, but prioritize what’s important. Keep your schedule flexible, not all in one day.
● Feel no guilt. It is important to let go of guilt if you want to integrate work and home life. Demanding it does not make you a bad employee.
● Rather, it aims for maximum efficiency and motivation. This is how you protect your productivity.
There is no doubt that employee preferences play a significant role in this situation. Companies need flexible working models and to trust their employees. It is important that companies that offer flexible models and are confident their employees will complete their work. On time are aware that employee happiness.
Leads to customer satisfaction and business success.
In this manner, technology can also ensure harmony among all departments within a company. Here’s where Weoll comes in. Through its new generation digital applications, Weoll strengthens business and communication processes by adding value to institutions and increasing employee loyalty and productivity. Weoll’s internal communication and process management platform enables the entire organization to collaborate digitally.
Weoll offers highly customizable and scalable HR, internal communication, information management, and ERP platforms. Integrated with Google Workplace and Office 365, Weoll solutions ensure strong human resources, effective communication, flexible organizational structure, and efficiency. Weoll benefits companies in the following ways:
● An integrated platform for company culture and information
● Modules for employee specific campaigns, fringe benefits, leave, advances, and payroll
● Internal communication through blogs and social media
● Promoting celebration culture
● Obtaining regular feedback from employees to improve the employee experience
● Boost internal through idea sharing and discussion
● Use of company resources, such as meeting rooms and automobiles
● Establishing permanent connections between departments
● Solutions for announcements and advertisements
● An infrastructure that allows users to create forms, wizards, and editors without writing code
● Infrastructure for task management
Cloud-based Weoll can be configured within minutes without requiring hardware and can be applied to holdings, retail, and digital oriented sectors. Explore Weoll’s possibilities here.